The Latin American Network of Assisted Reproduction has the major responsibility of continue with its educational commitment. The increase in the number of centres means RED needing to reinforce certain performance areas.
This year, we launched the PEC Online aiming to promote specialization and interchange to the scientific community connected to the assisted reproduction area.
Looking to the future, the RED wishes to promote several meetings and joint-ventures with other institutions and companies, willing to provide a support in its different educational programmes:
1 – The Latin American Register
- To continue exporting technology. The reinforcing and structuring of the Register can act as a guide to other organizations (programme, analysis, etc.), to provide supra-regional researches in specific subjects of interest, such as multiple gestation, in the future;
- To encourage National Registers. Basically, this consists of each country having its own register, for national information purposes and also to form a basis for analyses of the local situation;
- Publishing studies with register's data. The RLA currently has a large (unique) database, with constant checks to ensure it is sound. It has so far been under-used, from the research point of view. We propose to encourage various Latin American researchers to undertake and publish work. [top]
2 – Accreditation Visits
- To encourage more centers take part do the RED and that Latin American professionals can participate of the benefits the educational activities it develops;
- To keep promoting a control quality to its affiliated centers to the RED, with the objective to ensure constant improvement in the use of the assisted reproduction techniques;
- To use the PEC Online as an instrument of improvement in order to promote to new centres to be accredited. [top]
3 -Further Education
- Further educational programmes for professionals with an interest in ART who do not belong to RED centres. Pursuing its role as an organization involved in further education, and in view of the need for professionals who do not belong to RED to be kept up-to-date, RED makes it possible for these professionals, to be brought into some of the educational activities it engages in.
- Agreements with other Scientific Associations. There are scientific associations that have expressed interest in becoming more involved with RED, in order to provide support in different educational programmes (experts, quality control programmes, etc.). - Multi-centre studies. The assisted reproduction situation in Latin America is reflected in the Latin American Register, which publication could be used as a basis for raising research questions, which lead to the undertaking of multi-centre studies.
- Developing regional training programmes (fellowships). There is a need all the time in Latin America for young professionals to be trained. In view of the current economic conditions, and also very often because of language restrictions, young professionals find it impossible to go abroad for training. Meanwhile, Latin America can boast excellent-quality AR programmes and sufficient experience in the field. We propose to continue developing training programmes, for other professionals connected to the AR area.
- Setting-Up of Interest Groups. Setting up specific groups consisting of professional personnel from all regional centres in AR subjects, to encourage the exchanging of information between centres (e.g. bio-ethics, immunology, psycho-social field, etc.). It is also intended that these groups should provide an incentive for research in each of these areas.
- WEB: This will go on being RED's information outlet. The aim of the web site is to support further educational programmes. We propose to increase our Database in order to provide support to the scientific area, and incentive the centrers with interest to increase their knowledge and, consequently, to contribute with the development of its centres. [top]